Visit a real, organic, mixed farm; we are delighted to offer a range of visits to students and people interested in organic farming, environment and sustainability. Booking is essential, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
2. A farm visit led by Terry and Sue Prince looking at the links between farming, environment, tourism, food and sustainability.
3. A visit lead by the Education Team of the Peak District National Park Authority
How to get here
1. Farmer led visits for students
We offer visits for students from Primary to College. The visits are lead by Terry Prince, the farmer who can give the farmer's perspective and as much or as little detail as required. The visit can cover:
History & background of a modern 'traditional' organic farm with diversified enterprises
Health, Safety & Insurance
We take health and safety very seriously, we have:
Strict hand washing policy with purpose installed facilities.
Boot and shoe cleaning facilities
Full public liability insurance
PO Box 1999,
Sudbury CO10 2WA
Tel: 01787 881165
Fax: 01787 313995
- We will discuss your requirements
- A farmer led visit will be between 1 and 1.5 hours
Facilities for indoor learning and extending the stay and learning opportunities
We can cover key stage 1 to 4
- hand washing, boot cleaning and toilets
- You can investigate botany, geology, geography, history, economic development, sustainable development, agriculture, art, literature, maths and science
We offer visits for adult groups. The visits are lead by Terry and Sue Prince, and can cover issues of sustainability, farming and environment, and links between food and tourism. Light refreshments, light lunches,cream teas or coffee and home made biscuits can be arranged.
Contact: Terry Prince email@example.com Beechenhill Farm, Ilam, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 2BD Tel 01335 310274
Peak District National Park Authority Education Service at Losehill Hall Study Centre offers visits to Beechenhill Farm among other exciting and valuable educational experiences. They offer standard or tailor made packages.
- Cars and mini buses can park on the farm, please discuss where.
- Coaches and large buses, please drop children off at end of farm drive and then park in designated coach space near Dovedale, picking up at a pre-arranged time.
- It takes approximately 45mins /1 hour to walk up hill to the farm from Ilam Village.
Where to Stay- Group Accommodation: