Things to do
Our garden is for all our guests to enjoy, with its table tennis, garden chess and draughts, sculptures, swings, ponds and stunning views. Hidden corners abound, where you can sit, listen to the sheep bleat and try to spot the skylark soaring above.
The organic meadows are lovely places to hide in long grass or just gaze at the landscape seeing the same land that the prehistoric farmers did 4000 years ago.
The farm trail is a lovely way to spend an hour or so, just ask for a copy of the leaflet. We have binoculars and wildlife books to borrow. In winter we have sledges to borrow too!
Apart from the garden, walks, both easy and strenuous in every direction from the front door, there are dozens of things to do and see, including:
- Electric Bikes for you to Hire
- Swedish Hot Tub for you to bask in
- The Haybarn at Beechenhill to play in
- Walks to walk, jog or run
- Stately Homes galore
- Gardens a plenty
- Shopping till you're dropping
- Food and drink to fill you up, inspire you and delight you
- Eating out from the best fish and chips to the best pub in the Peak District (the George)
- Museums to get to grips with
- Caves to wander and wonder in
- Cycling the best network of cycle trails in the country with tunnels and everything!