Beautiful Cottage for Six- wheelchair accessible
- Accessible for all, The Cottage by the Pond sleeps six in three bedrooms.
- It is perfect for families or get-togethers with friends.
- Two bedrooms are on the ground floor while one nestles in the rafters up a narrow staircase.
- Flexible, it has one bedroom that is always a twin, but two bedrooms with zip-&-link beds which can each be arranged as a superking double or two singles.
- A cot and highchair are available on request.
- Sorry we don’t allow pets in the cottages.
It is wheelchair accessible with level access from the level parking area. The sitting room has a riser reclining chair, there are two electric profiling beds in the twin bedroom and a large wet room bathroom, as well as a second smaller bathroom between the two downstairs bedrooms. For further information about accessibility click here.
Through the big patio window in the large sitting/dining room, complete with log burning fire, the cottage looks south over the little courtyard with outdoor seating, a barbeque you can borrow, a walled pond and the ever-changing Peak District views.
When you book you make a legally binding contract. We strongly recommend you take out cancellation insurance.
What to bring:
We provide bed linen, towels and toilet rolls. In the kitchen there's some organic milk, tea, coffee, salt and pepper, washing up liquid, dishwasher powder and kitchen rolls to get you started. You can find refills of kindling, logs and coal in the farmyard.
Bring your walking boots, maps, sunglasses and rain coats. Bring your bikes (we can store them safely), bring your shorts, woollies, swimming costumes, DVDs and lots of books. You can also bring your electric car as we have a 7kw and a Tesla car charging unit.
There is free wifi in all the accommodation, so you can bring your smart phone on holiday- or we can turn it off if you want complete peace.
We are licensed to sell wine and beer so you can buy organic fair trade wines, local organic lager and some superb local ales (depending on what's in stock) by arrangement.
You can find out about pre-ordering food here.
- In summer and high season, you can book 2 types of short break, either 3 nights from Friday to Monday, or 4 nights from Monday to Friday.
- Throughout the year you can book 7 nights beginning on Mondays or Fridays.
- In winter, you can book short breaks of 2 nights or more starting on any day.