When you come to stay here, eat local food to enhance your experience. You can pre-order milk and eggs from the farm, homemade bread, local sausages and bacon and organic butter.
You can order a takeaway farmhouse breakfast with a delicious creamy porridge starter to be delivered to your cottage.
There are excellent places to eat in the villages and towns not far from Beechenhill. You will find stunning restaurants, interesting gastropubs, cosy cafes and tearooms.
See our suggestions for where to eat:
The Old Dog Thorpe – 3.4 miles in car, 1.5 hour walk
The George at Alstonefield – 3.1 miles in car, 1 hour walk
The Royal Oak Wetton – 3.3 miles in car, 1 hour walk
The Okeover Arms Mappleton – 4.5 miles
The Royal Oak Hanging Bridge – 5.9 miles
The Coach and Horses Fenny Bentley – 5.4 miles
The Rose and Crown Mayfield – 6.7 miles
The Jervis Arms Onecote – 11 miles
Tearooms & Cafes
Ilam Hall National Trust Tearoom – 1.5 miles, 40 minutes walk
Herberts Tissington – 5.6 miles
The Tea Junction – 5.9 miles
Bassettwood Farm – 6 miles
Bramhalls Deli – 6.8 miles
Jack Rabbits – 6.8 miles
The Flower Cafe – 6.8 miles (gluten free speciality)
The Cottage Kitchen Leek – 8 miles
Denstone Hall Farm Shop – 11 miles
No. 6 The Square Buxton – 20 miles
Pre-order food before your visit
To pre-order – click here to email your order
- Homemade organic maltflake bread – made in the farmhouse breadmaker using Dove Farm organic flour and Shipton Mill organic three seed and malt flour.
- Organic raw milk – straight from the Beechenhill cows, sold by the litre.
- Organic butter – Yeo Valley slightly salted butter made using OMSCo organic milk, some supplied by Beechenhill (may be substituted by other organic butter if not available).
- New Close Farm sausages – delicious pork sausages made by our friends the Ginger Butchers at their Over Haddon farm near Bakewell.
- New Close Farm bacon – tasty unsmoked back bacon from the Ginger Butchers at their Over Haddon farm near Bakewell.
- Organic free range eggs – when our organic free range hens are behaving and laying regularly, if not, then we will supply free range eggs from local farms.