Charming and comfortable cottage for two
- The Old Wash House is a spacious and beautiful cottage for two in the guest wing of the traditional farmhouse building.
- It has a canopied king size bed in the bedroom upstairs which has stunning views across the valley.
- There is a roomy ensuite bathroom with a rainfall shower.
- Downstairs, there is a cosy sitting room with a log burning stove.
- The light and comfortable kitchen/dining room with its glass roof used to be the old barrel ceilinged wash house with an old copper for heating the water.
- Now it has a simple but well equipped kitchen and a big table where you can relax and watch the cows go to and fro to milking.
- Sorry we don’t allow pets in the cottages.
You can use the farmhouse garden in front of the cottage or, for a bit more privacy, you can hide on your own little patio round the back and catch the evening sun.
Sometimes another bedroom can be made available to make this a cottage for 4. Please email or call to ask.
When you book you make a legally binding contract.
We strongly recommend you take out cancellation insurance.
What to bring:
We provide bed linen, towels and toilet rolls. In the kitchen there's some organic milk, tea, coffee, salt and pepper, washing up liquid, dishwasher powder and kitchen rolls to get you started. You can find refills of kindling, logs and coal in the farmyard.
Bring your walking boots, maps, sunglasses and rain coats. Bring your bikes (we can store them safely), bring your shorts, woollies, swimming costumes, DVDs and lots of books. You can also bring your electric car as we have a 7kw and a Tesla car charging unit.
There is free wifi in all the accommodation, so you can bring your smart phone on holiday- or we can turn it off if you want complete peace.
We are licensed to sell wine and beer so you can buy organic fair trade wines, local organic lager and some superb local ales (depending on what's in stock) by arrangement.
You can find out about pre-ordering food here.
- In summer and high season, you can book 3 types of short break, either 3 nights from Friday to Monday, 4 nights from Monday to Friday or 2 nights from Monday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Friday.
- Throughout the year you can book 7 nights beginning on Mondays or Fridays.
- In winter, you can book short breaks of 2 nights or more starting on any day.